Now before you go on reading through this I would advise everyone to take at least a peek at MassiveCraft’s website and look around a bit. Now, if you didn’t do that, the basics are that it is a Minecraft PVP (Player versus Player)/Factions/RP (Roleplaying) Server that had been around for a good while, albeit under different names in the very beginning. Today, I’m going to talk to you about the opportunities you can have on this amazing server. Not going to lie here, this was done for a competition on the server’s forums but the more I thought about it, the more I believe that doing a blog about stuff I like and things others should try out would be a good outlet for me (and my urges to rant to kingdom come about stuff like this to random people). So, let us begin discussing opportunity!
In the Beginning...
Now, when you first join Massive, it may seem rather daunting and difficult. However, one of the easiest ways to start out is join a good faction. MassiveCraft has always held the factions plugin on the server close to it’s heart as it’s original creator, Cayorion (the almighty lord of data and infinite complexities within the multiverse of MassiveCraft), is the server’s owner. So factions are a good place to begin your journey onto the server and can offer up a variety of opportunities. Often times, it is the ability to form friendships and bonds with people in such factions over perhaps your love of books, movies, Minecraft, but the variety of people on the server is just endless and so are what they might enjoy. There are other opportunities as well, such as helping to build great structures in your lands and also, to learn more about the server in a slow and gradual manner. Because there is a lot to learn if you want to fully understand the MassiveCraft charm that has had it’s claws in me for over two years!
Factions
Now, there are different kinds of factions. Some faction are more roleplay based, and try their hardest to adhere to the lore set out by the server (more about this at the end) and foster often times a calm atmosphere. Others are PVP factions, build on combat with other players and might often have lulls and frantic periods. Others still try to combine the two together in unique ways, into PVP and RPing groups within the main faction to cater to the two groups that so love to play the game. Another option, though a bit of challenge for newcomers, is to start your own faction for 100 Regals (the In-Game currency) and do what you wish in the area selected. This however, is last on the list for a reason as alone, you wouldn’t have the same opportunities as being in a group with others and receiving the full support of the community. So, these are the opportunities factions can provide for you yet while this was very quick, it’s mostly because I myself haven’t really done factions related things in nearly a year. I’m far, far more into what we’re going to talk about next, roleplaying!
Roleplay
Where to begin with roleplaying opportunities...there are just so many to discuss. The server’s lore and world provide plenty of options for people to explore and learn about but I’ll try to briefly go over it all. There are different races, such as the dominant, xenophobic Ailor Humans, to the aquatic, simplistic Maiar, to the furred and aggressive Ur. There are of course more, but those are maybe for a later time. Suffice it to say that each can provide their own interesting experiences, whether it be encountering a race your character hates or another of your own kind or something entirely different. Then there is the setting. The lands of Aloria are huge places yet the main RP hub is the medieval city and island of Regalia, capital of the Ailor Regalian Empire. The setting allows for interesting RP scenarios as well as just the ability to explore a very well made, deep city and find RP across its sprawling and interesting areas. Then, there are the jobs and positions your character can occupy. Some you need to apply to or prove you are a capable RPer to the server’s staff, such as for hidden magics that are rare to find and to own lands in the Empire as nobility. Others you can create for yourself, like becoming a business owner or apply for a job at business already up in the city. There are others of course yet these are just some general points to get you started!
The Hostesse Estate
Imge By: Me!
Experimental Things
Now here, I’m just talk a short time about the opportunities coming down the pipeline or that are fresh to the scene. On the server’s forums, found here, there is a lot of things to explore, which I may cover in another post but mainly, there is the new and finalized “Player Quest System”. Essentially a miniature Dungeons and Dragons event where up to five RP characters can engage in a unique quest to explore or steal from locations. These are good for those wishing to gain unique experiences for their characters and to perhaps, learn about hidden lore, things only staff members know and your character’s can find. Also of course, there are treasures and just plain combat experience to add onto your characters. A revision recently in the way the nobility works now allows for there to be female heads of families, thus perhaps ushering new and interesting strong female characters onto the RP scene. Another new option coming soon is the ability to have a RP compliant and accepted faction. I spoke to this earlier but ho it’s currently been discussed, factions will be able to apply to be towns or cities or miniature states loyal to other, larger lore compliant states nearby. It’s very vague right now, but sounds fascinating as such a thing the community has wished for for a good while yet now is finally happening.
In conclusion…
This server has so much opportunity for those who wish to explore it down to it’s core. I myself have explored RPing factions, nobility, jobs, and crime RP and it has been a blast. I won’t lie, sometimes I wanted to pull my hair out or stop shaking out of fear for my characters, but it’s been such a great time. I’ve also met some of the most fabulous people, with a few I can even call some of the greatest friends I could ask for. When you’re old and grey, you’ll look back and go “I still can’t believe computers were like that…all 2-D and such...” though I also hope you’ll remember all the opportunity you found on Massivecraft.
Yung-Li (Now Heng Lu)
By: WildRoze (Minecraft Username)



No comments:
Post a Comment